Pie making is becoming a lost art, but at Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we still do things the old-fashioned way. Many of our recipes were passed down through the generations, and we continue the tradition by using the same techniques learned in childhood.We started baking in 1993 in our Victorian home in Armada, Michigan. After moving our operation to a neighborhood, ten-acre apple orchard, Achatz Handmade Pie Company was officially born.
We have been featured on television on Food Network, The Rachael Ray Show, The Today Show, and Good Morning America Weekend and in magazines like Bon Appétit and Food & Wine. And, even though we have won numerous national and local awards, our pies remain down-to-earth, all natural, and wholesome.
Our Handmade Pies
Our mission is to create the best pies that stand up to the highest standards of quality, purity, and goodness. We care about what we bring to your table. We never use canned fruit and use every opportunity to source locally grown ingredients. Our cream pies are made from scratch using pure butter, pure vanilla, and fresh local whole milk. We focus on excellence and produce a pie that we believe is simply the best. At Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we know extra-care and extra-effort make an extra-delicious pie!
- Why are you closed on Saturday?
- Since our beginning in 1993, our stores have been closed on Saturday. Our family is Seventh - day Adventist and we enjoy this special day of rest.
- How do you pronounce "Achatz"?
- The actual pronunciation is (ak'its). When in doubt, remember that it rhymes with 'jackets.'
- Are any of your pies vegan?
- All of our double crust fruit pies are made with no dairy or animal products.
- How can I place a special order?
- The easiest way to place a special order is through our online store section. You can also call the store where you wish to pick the pie up.
- Questions about pies-that-fly
- We ship anywhere in the United States. Please see online store for when and how pies are shipped. For order-specific information, please reply to your confirmation email to reach our internet sales department or call our headquarters at (586)-749-2882.
- Can I purchase an Achatz pie shop?
- Yes, we are happy to offer our loyal customers the opportunity to own their own pie shop. Please fill out a customer feedback form!
I can't tell you how much I love your pies, I can't even tell you my favorite. Whenever I have company coming, or just want to treat myself, I visit your Chesterfield store and indulge. Thank you for making such wonderful products.
The lemon meringue pie I purchased a couple weeks ago was the best I've ever had! (sorry Grandma). My hunt for the perfect lemon meringue pie has been going on for years, and I find it in my backyard at Achatz! The lemon was just tart enough, and the meringue was not sugary and did not melt.
Sweet Potato Pies, I usually by the achatz pies from Whole Foods on Halsted in Chicago. My favorite types of pie are apple and sweet potato. I don't eat fruit pies because i do not like have taste for them. My favorite achatz pie is the sweet potato. It is amazing. But Whole Foods only carried it during Thanksgiving. And I noticed that the Achatz website does not carry it. Why? Can you all please let me know when you are going to make those again? Thank you.
I am originally From Onsted MI, was transplanted by the Air Force and miss our home state very much. I saw your pies on the Today Show and will be placing an order shortly. Go Blue!
I tried the lobster pot pie and omg! It's to die for! The flavors just meld together perfectly. There are chunks of lobster in it and plenty of them.
In the Press
- Hour Magazine,
Pie's the Limit
- Ann Arbor Observer, The Pies Have It
- Bon Appetit, Thanksgiving Pie Baking Tips
- Bon Appetit,The Top 10 Best Places for Pie
- Good Morning America Weekend, Best Slice Finalist
- Edward Lowe Foundation, Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Food Network, Compilation Reel
- Co Founder, Wendy Achatz, was inducted in the Macomb Hall of Fame on 10/1/12
- Detroit Free Press, Achatz Pies to Greatly Expand Via Franchies
- MLive: Michigan's Best Pie
30301 Commerce Blvd.
Chesterfield, MI 48041