Pie making is becoming a lost art, but at Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we still do things the old-fashioned way. Many of our recipes were passed down through the generations, and we continue the tradition by using the same techniques learned in childhood.We started baking in 1993 in our Victorian home in Armada, Michigan. After moving our operation to a neighborhood, ten-acre apple orchard, Achatz Handmade Pie Company was officially born.
We have been featured on television on Food Network, The Rachael Ray Show, The Today Show, and Good Morning America Weekend and in magazines like Bon Appétit and Food & Wine. And, even though we have won numerous national and local awards, our pies remain down-to-earth, all natural, and wholesome.
Our Handmade Pies
Our mission is to create the best pies that stand up to the highest standards of quality, purity, and goodness. We care about what we bring to your table. We never use canned fruit and use every opportunity to source locally grown ingredients. Our cream pies are made from scratch using pure butter, pure vanilla, and fresh local whole milk. We focus on excellence and produce a pie that we believe is simply the best. At Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we know extra-care and extra-effort make an extra-delicious pie!
- Why are you closed on Saturday?
- Since our beginning in 1993, our stores have been closed on Saturday. Our family is Seventh - day Adventist and we enjoy this special day of rest.
- How do you pronounce "Achatz"?
- The actual pronunciation is (ak'its). When in doubt, remember that it rhymes with 'jackets.'
- Are any of your pies vegan?
- All of our double crust fruit pies are made with no dairy or animal products.
- How can I place a special order?
- The easiest way to place a special order is through our online store section. You can also call the store where you wish to pick the pie up.
- Questions about pies-that-fly
- We ship anywhere in the United States. Please see online store for when and how pies are shipped. For order-specific information, please reply to your confirmation email to reach our internet sales department or call our headquarters at (586)-749-2882.
- Can I purchase an Achatz pie shop?
- Yes, we are happy to offer our loyal customers the opportunity to own their own pie shop. Please fill out a customer feedback form!
I purchased your pie crust at Hiller's Market in Plymouth. It's the best pie crust; it definitely beat out Pillsbury. I live in Livonia, and I'd like to know if your pie crusts are available at any other grocery store besides Hillers. Thank you.
While, we have enjoyed many of your delicious pies, for our New Years Eve party, we bought your coconut cream pie! Wow! I could have ate the entire pie myself. No pies can compare to Achatz. Your soups are also delicious! Still must try the pot pie!
they were sooo yummy,.
I recently moved to Troy Michigan and I came across the Pie shp while geting my driver's license changed at te DMV. The person behind the counter was very nice and we had a few samples. Having tried 2 -3 samples that day, I ended up buying a few slices of different ones. My son's favorite is the chocolate cream pie and my daughter's was the strawberry cream pie. I LOVE your coconut cream pie!!! They are so good! I am definitely going there again and again!
I am an Armada transplant, originally from Yale. My husband and I moved out here and started a new life together (a second marriage for both of us). He was a city boy, and now he shares my love the country. We both love living in Armada, and since moving here, I have made many new friends. My best buddy and I took the cream pie class in Armada and had an absolute great time and took enough photos to make some cool scrapbook pages. I am an avid scrapbooker, and am a doggie foster mom. I currently have a foster golden retriever, as well as an american bandogge mastiff....but he's such a sweetie, we are adopting him. Achatz pies are the best, I recently took an apple pie to Chicago with me, and the family I was visiting with thought the same! Keep up the good work....and we'll keep eating those wonderful treats!
In the Press
- Hour Magazine,
Pie's the Limit
- Ann Arbor Observer, The Pies Have It
- Bon Appetit, Thanksgiving Pie Baking Tips
- Bon Appetit,The Top 10 Best Places for Pie
- Good Morning America Weekend, Best Slice Finalist
- Edward Lowe Foundation, Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Food Network, Compilation Reel
- Co Founder, Wendy Achatz, was inducted in the Macomb Hall of Fame on 10/1/12
- Detroit Free Press, Achatz Pies to Greatly Expand Via Franchies
- MLive: Michigan's Best Pie
30301 Commerce Blvd.
Chesterfield, MI 48041