Pie making is becoming a lost art, but at Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we still do things the old-fashioned way.Many of our recipes were passed down through the generations, and we continue the tradition by using the same techniques learned in childhood.We started baking in 1993 in our Victorian home in Armada, Michigan.After moving our operation to a nearby ten-acre apple orchard, Achatz Handmade Pie Company was officially born.
We have been featured on television on Food Network, The Rachael Ray Show, The Today Show, and Good Morning America Weekend and in magazines like Bon Appétit and Food & Wine.And, even though we have won numerous national and local awards, our pies remain down-to-earth, all natural, and wholesome.
Our Handmade Pies
Our mission is to create the best pies that stand up to the highest standards of quality, purity, and goodness. We care about what we bring to your table; we never use canned fruit and use every opportunity to source locally grown ingredients. Our cream pies are made from scratch using pure butter, pure vanilla, and fresh local whole milk. We focus on excellence and produce a pie that we believe is simply the best. At Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we know extra-care and extra-effort make an extra-delicious pie!
Working at Achatz Handmade Pie Co. is a fun and rewarding experience. Our "little" pie shop continues to grow and offer more opportunities for new employees to come aboard and help us take our business to the next level. If you are interested in becoming a part of the Achatz team, please fill out an online application. Whether you are seeking a position as a managing partner, store manager, IT or marketing professional, retail associate, delivery driver, or a role in our food preparation and packaging team, we encourage you to apply. We are always seeking top talent to help our company improve.
Why You Want to Join Our Team: Characters are welcome here – we don’t need you to hide your random quirkiness – we will celebrate it! At AHPC you will be able to take pride in what you do because you are producing the best pies in the universe!
Why We Want You to Join Our Team: We value your creativity, ability, talent, experience, and education. We look forward to coming to work each day, bringing it all to the table and working on a highly functional team. We need your fresh point of view - after 23 years of running our business, we have learned that transparency is vital to our growth. Each and every manager, leader, owner, and team member has to freely share their knowledge in order for our business to continually thrive. We are searching for like‐minded people who value and understand Servant Leadership and who can help improve our systems, create new systems, and take Achatz Handmade Pie Company to the next level.
Every decision we make is guided by 5 Core Values:1. Create Raving Fans.
Exceed customer expectations.Spark brand awareness and build loyalty.2. Provide the Best All-Natural Products and Support Local.
Use high quality ingredients, free of chemicals, preservatives, and trans-fats; source local ingredients whenever possible3.NEVER Compromise on Quality.
Dedicate time to excellence.Respect effort spent on producing quality.4. Coach, Mentor, Inspire, Lead.
Share knowledge and experience with your team members. Take initiative when challenges arise. Champion solutions and implement as a team. Teach as you grow.5. Improve, Innovate, and Plan with Financial Empowerment
Ensure job security and prosperity using Open-Book Management. Forecast creatively. Embrace constructive feedback and develop goals that benefit the team. Generate growth.
- Why are you closed on Saturday?
- Since our beginning in 1993, our stores have been closed on Saturday. Our family is Seventh - day Adventist and we enjoy this special day of rest.
- How do you pronounce "Achatz"?
- The actual pronunciation is (ak'its). When in doubt, remember that it rhymes with 'jackets.'
- Are any of your pies vegan?
- All of our double crust fruit pies are made with no dairy or animal products.
- How can I place a special order?
- The easiest way to place a special order is through our online store section. You can also call the store where you wish to pick the pie up.
- Questions about pies-that-fly
- We ship anywhere in the United States. Please see online store for when and how pies are shipped. For order-specific information, please reply to your confirmation email to reach our internet sales department or call our headquarters at (586)-749-2882.
- Can I purchase an Achatz pie shop?
- Yes, we are happy to offer our loyal customers the opportunity to own their own pie shop. Please fill out a customer feedback form!
Your quality is outstanding.
Thank you so very much for the two pies I purchased yesterday 1/2 price. It really means a lot for us former military people. Those pies were delicious and a big enjoyment. What does Military Monday mean? Two more pies will be ordered for turkey day later on. Thanks Again.
Our family enjoyed (putting it mildly) a 4-Berry pie for Easter. We all agreed - best berry pie EVER. Perhaps a tradition in the making?
We love your pies! The four berry pie is our favorite. So, you can imagine our surprise and disappointment when after purchasing what we thought was a four berry pie from your Ann Arbor store for a dinner party, we discovered when serving, it was an apple pie. The box was labeled four berry and was selected by your employee but alas, it was your almost equally delicious apple pie, not a four berry. This is not intended to complain but to let you know that four berry fanatics accept no substitutes.
Love Your pie's! I recently took your apple & the Michigan four berry pie's to a dinner party & everyone raved about them. I am looking forward to trying your lobster pot pie. I appreciate the coupons
In the Press
- Hour Magazine,
Pie's the Limit
- Ann Arbor Observer, The Pies Have It
- Bon Appetit, Thanksgiving Pie Baking Tips
- Bon Appetit,The Top 10 Best Places for Pie
- Good Morning America Weekend, Best Slice Finalist
- Edward Lowe Foundation, Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Food Network, Compilation Reel
- Co Founder, Wendy Achatz, was inducted in the Macomb Hall of Fame on 10/1/12
- Detroit Free Press, Achatz Pies to Greatly Expand Via Franchies
- MLive: Michigan's Best Pie
30301 Commerce Blvd.
Chesterfield, MI 48041