Pie making is becoming a lost art, but at Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we still do things the old-fashioned way. Many of our recipes were passed down through the generations, and we continue the tradition by using the same techniques learned in childhood.We started baking in 1993 in our Victorian home in Armada, Michigan. After moving our operation to a neighborhood, ten-acre apple orchard, Achatz Handmade Pie Company was officially born.
We have been featured on television on Food Network, The Rachael Ray Show, The Today Show, and Good Morning America Weekend and in magazines like Bon Appétit and Food & Wine. And, even though we have won numerous national and local awards, our pies remain down-to-earth, all natural, and wholesome.
Our Handmade Pies
Our mission is to create the best pies that stand up to the highest standards of quality, purity, and goodness. We care about what we bring to your table. We never use canned fruit and use every opportunity to source locally grown ingredients. Our cream pies are made from scratch using pure butter, pure vanilla, and fresh local whole milk. We focus on excellence and produce a pie that we believe is simply the best. At Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we know extra-care and extra-effort make an extra-delicious pie!
- Why are you closed on Saturday?
- Since our beginning in 1993, our stores have been closed on Saturday. Our family is Seventh - day Adventist and we enjoy this special day of rest.
- How do you pronounce "Achatz"?
- The actual pronunciation is (ak'its). When in doubt, remember that it rhymes with 'jackets.'
- Are any of your pies vegan?
- All of our double crust fruit pies are made with no dairy or animal products.
- How can I place a special order?
- The easiest way to place a special order is through our online store section. You can also call the store where you wish to pick the pie up.
- Questions about pies-that-fly
- We ship anywhere in the United States. Please see online store for when and how pies are shipped. For order-specific information, please reply to your confirmation email to reach our internet sales department or call our headquarters at (586)-749-2882.
- Can I purchase an Achatz pie shop?
- Yes, we are happy to offer our loyal customers the opportunity to own their own pie shop. Please fill out a customer feedback form!
Our granddaughter ordered the three pie special and we really love the two we have received. We think the cherry pie is the absolute best cherry pie we have ever tasted. We are both in our eighties so you know we have tasted a lot of them. The berry pie was also great.
I had one of your Strawberry/Rhubarb pies and it took me back to that time. What a great pie!
The other day we went to the Oxford store and was informed about the deal of buying 8 packaged pieces for the price of a pie. Splendid Idea. After leaving the store and enjoying my selection of pie with a fresh pot of coffee, I thought it would be a copywrite moment for you folks to label Fridays as Fantasy Pie Friday. Everybody needs an excuse for this guilty pleasure. Just thinking.
Renee, Renee, i received your gift card and have already used it for one of your pecan pies which was FABULOUS. Renee, thank you for your concern in this matter. Look forward to enjoying your product for many moons. Thanks again.
In 1984 I was fortunate enough to have met and wed my wife Kathy. One of the things about marrying into the family were the Sunday dinners that my mother-in-law would prepare. No matter what was on the plate you could guarantee that it would be delicious. When the meal was complete we would be treated to a homemade dessert, which was usually a homemade pie. Well it has been more than twenty years since my mother-in-law has passed away. In keeping with the spirit of family togetherness, my wife and her two sisters (and their spouses too), would get together for an evening out followed by dessert to top off the evening. It was at one of these get togethers that I was introduced to Achatz Michigan Four Berry pie. It was and still is my favorite dessert!
In the Press
- Hour Magazine,
Pie's the Limit
- Ann Arbor Observer, The Pies Have It
- Bon Appetit, Thanksgiving Pie Baking Tips
- Bon Appetit,The Top 10 Best Places for Pie
- Good Morning America Weekend, Best Slice Finalist
- Edward Lowe Foundation, Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Food Network, Compilation Reel
- Co Founder, Wendy Achatz, was inducted in the Macomb Hall of Fame on 10/1/12
- Detroit Free Press, Achatz Pies to Greatly Expand Via Franchies
- MLive: Michigan's Best Pie
30301 Commerce Blvd.
Chesterfield, MI 48041