Pie making is becoming a lost art, but at Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we still do things the old-fashioned way.Many of our recipes were passed down through the generations, and we continue the tradition by using the same techniques learned in childhood.We started baking in 1993 in our Victorian home in Armada, Michigan.After moving our operation to a nearby ten-acre apple orchard, Achatz Handmade Pie Company was officially born.
We have been featured on television on Food Network, The Rachael Ray Show, The Today Show, and Good Morning America Weekend and in magazines like Bon Appétit and Food & Wine.And, even though we have won numerous national and local awards, our pies remain down-to-earth, all natural, and wholesome.
Our Handmade Pies
Our mission is to create the best pies that stand up to the highest standards of quality, purity, and goodness.We care about what we bring to your table; we never use canned fruit and use every opportunity to source locally grown ingredients.To this day, we focus on excellence and produce a pie that we believe is simply the best.At Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we know extra care and extra effort make an extra-delicious pie!
Achatz Handmade Pie Co. cares about what we bring to your kitchen. We continue to stand up to the highest standards for quality, purity and goodness. Our cream pies are made from scratch using pure butter, pure vanilla and fresh local whole milk. We never use canned fruit and find every opportunity to use locally grown produce. And if you can't have sugar, we also have fruit juice sweetened pies available. We know extra care and extra effort make an extra delicious pie!
Working at Achatz Handmade Pie Co. is a fun and rewarding experience. Our "little" pie shop continues to grow and offer more opportunities for new employees to come aboard and help us take our business to the next level. If you are interested in becoming a part of the Achatz team, please fill out an easy online application.
Whether you are seeking a position as a managing partner, store manager, IT or marketing professional, retail associate, delivery driver, or a role in our food preparation and packaging team, we encourage you to apply. We are always seeking top talent to help our company improve.
- Why are you closed on Saturday?
- Since our beginning in 1993, our stores have been closed on Saturday. Our family is Seventh - day Adventist and we enjoy this special day of rest.
- How do you pronounce "Achatz"?
- The actual pronunciation is (ak'its). When in doubt, remember that it rhymes with 'jackets.'
- Are any of your pies vegan?
- All of our double crust fruit pies are made with no dairy or animal products.
- How can I place a special order?
- The easiest way to place a special order is through our online store section. You can also call the store where you wish to pick the pie up.
- Questions about pies-that-fly
- We ship anywhere in the United States. Please see online store for when and how pies are shipped. For order-specific information, please reply to your confirmation email to reach our internet sales department or call our headquarters at (586)-749-2882.
- Can I purchase an Achatz pie shop?
- Yes, we are happy to offer our loyal customers the opportunity to own their own pie shop. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
I ordered two pies as Christmas gifts for our daughter living in Los Angeles. I was assured by the woman to took my order that the pies would arrive in good shape (frozen) in a couple of days. Bad weather made me suspicious. My husband called Achatz and spoke with Renee who gave him tracking numbers for the pies. Sure enough, they were delivered in two days.....Bravo Achatz and USPS! Merry Christmas and thanks for great service.
While, we have enjoyed many of your delicious pies, for our New Years Eve party, we bought your coconut cream pie! Wow! I could have ate the entire pie myself. No pies can compare to Achatz. Your soups are also delicious! Still must try the pot pie!
In the late 1970's some new inexperienced owners bought out Trudeau's, found out it was hard work and quality was a necessary key ingredient. They did not make it.
Hi: My husband and I discovered Achatz last year, at the South Loop Chicago Whole Foods. I don't even know how many pies and slices we have bought over the last 14 months but it's a lot. We serve your pies at our dinner parties. We bring them to other peoples' dinner parties. We buy slices on weeknights just because they're SO GOOD. We have never had better pie, ever. The only issue we are now having is that my husband's favorite is your lemon meringue and Whole Foods has ceased having it this year. We have talked to all of their managers and they say that the issue is on your end. We have even been to the new Plum Market in Chicago and asked them for help. They said they called you and you won't do it. So, I'm writing to ask what exactly the issue is with lemon meringue coming to Chicago? You seem to send all of your other cream pies to Whole Foods. Is it an issue of popularity? Does it not sell well? Is the re no way we can special order it? We are starting to think that the only way we can get one again is to come to Michigan sometime. Please let us know. And thank you for such deliciousness!!
I wish to thank you for the 50% off for veterans day. We are on a fixed income and buy your delicious pies on special days. Just wondering why you never have pineapple pies? Once again thank you.
Hall Of Fame
Co Founder, Wendy Achatz, was inducted in the Macomb Hall of Fame on 10/1/12.
- Ingredients Arriving For Senior Center Pie Fundraiser – “Patch.com”
- Where the locals eat in Chicago – “USA TODAY”
- My life in food: Matt Gillan, Head chef, “The Pass” – “The Independent”
- Katsu, Kuma's Corner, Topolobampo rated among Chicago's top restaurants by ... - Voices
- Made in Michigan Market to Feature Local Products, Music and Charity Hockey ... – “Patch.com”
- Ann Arbor Grand Opening (doc)
- See Art, Get Pie (doc)
- Achatz Handmade Pie Co Welcomes Ann Arbor Store (doc)
- Mini Pies Give Fresh New Look to Wedding Scene (doc)
In the Press
- Hour Magazine, Pie's the Limit
- Detroit News, Creamy Twist on Tradition
- Ann Arbor Observer, The Pies Have It
- The Oprah Blog, A Slice of Heaven ... Straight to Your Door
- Bon Appetit, Thanksgiving Pie Baking Tips
- Bon Appetit,The Top 10 Best Places for Pie
- Food & Wine, America's Best Pie Spots
- Detroit Free Press, 50 Defining Foods of Detroit
- Rachael Ray Show, Rach's Pumpkin Pie Picks
- Midwest Living, Our Favorite Fall Pie Recipes
- Good Morning America Weekend, Best Slice Finalist
- Edward Lowe Foundation, Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Food Network, Compilation Reel
30301 Commerce Blvd.
Chesterfield, MI 48041