Pie making is becoming a lost art, but at Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we still do things the old-fashioned way. Many of our recipes were passed down through the generations, and we continue the tradition by using the same techniques learned in childhood.We started baking in 1993 in our Victorian home in Armada, Michigan. After moving our operation to a neighborhood, ten-acre apple orchard, Achatz Handmade Pie Company was officially born.
We have been featured on television on Food Network, The Rachael Ray Show, The Today Show, and Good Morning America Weekend and in magazines like Bon Appétit and Food & Wine. And, even though we have won numerous national and local awards, our pies remain down-to-earth, all natural, and wholesome.
Our Handmade Pies
Our mission is to create the best pies that stand up to the highest standards of quality, purity, and goodness. We care about what we bring to your table. We never use canned fruit and use every opportunity to source locally grown ingredients. Our cream pies are made from scratch using pure butter, pure vanilla, and fresh local whole milk. We focus on excellence and produce a pie that we believe is simply the best. At Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we know extra-care and extra-effort make an extra-delicious pie!
- Why are you closed on Saturday?
- Since our beginning in 1993, our stores have been closed on Saturday. Our family is Seventh - day Adventist and we enjoy this special day of rest.
- How do you pronounce "Achatz"?
- The actual pronunciation is (ak'its). When in doubt, remember that it rhymes with 'jackets.'
- Are any of your pies vegan?
- All of our double crust fruit pies are made with no dairy or animal products.
- How can I place a special order?
- The easiest way to place a special order is through our online store section. You can also call the store where you wish to pick the pie up.
- Questions about pies-that-fly
- We ship anywhere in the United States. Please see online store for when and how pies are shipped. For order-specific information, please reply to your confirmation email to reach our internet sales department or call our headquarters at (586)-749-2882.
- Can I purchase an Achatz pie shop?
- Yes, we are happy to offer our loyal customers the opportunity to own their own pie shop. Please fill out a customer feedback form!
Just wanted to drop a quick note to tell you how grateful we are for your Veteran’s Day discount. My husband is a Vietnam veteran and his memory of coming home from Vietnam was being spat on at the airport. Offering such a generous discount really says a lot about your charitable mindset and honoring those who serve in our military. It means a lot to my husband.
Thanks again and God Bless,
Frequently, when I depart St. Clair Shores for my 2nd home up in Port Austin on a given morning, I head up North Avenue through Armada and stop at the Achatz store there for my favorite treat, a piece of your unbelievably delicious pecan pie. It is simply the best I have ever tasted, and it never disappoints.
I.ve just been informed that I'm receiving a gift of one of your pies! I'm so excited I can hardly wait for it to be delivered. It will be my first experience with your pies. After I've received it I'll keep you informed with the type of pie I receive and what the outcome is. Thanks for making such beautiful looking pies.
I am impressed with your email notification of stores being closed due to the weather. It's nice to know the safety of your employees is important to you! We need more of that in this crazy world! Kudos!
My uncle and aunt visit every summer from North Carolina. Last year I purchased a Michigan 4 Berry pie. When dessert time came, my uncle indicated that he did not usually like pie very much. I guaranteed him that he would like this one. He took one bite and said "I gotta say, this is the best pie I've ever had." He is 73 years old, so I think it's safe to say he has eaten a lot of pie.
In the Press
- Hour Magazine,
Pie's the Limit
- Ann Arbor Observer, The Pies Have It
- Bon Appetit, Thanksgiving Pie Baking Tips
- Bon Appetit,The Top 10 Best Places for Pie
- Good Morning America Weekend, Best Slice Finalist
- Edward Lowe Foundation, Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Food Network, Compilation Reel
- Co Founder, Wendy Achatz, was inducted in the Macomb Hall of Fame on 10/1/12
- Detroit Free Press, Achatz Pies to Greatly Expand Via Franchies
- MLive: Michigan's Best Pie
30301 Commerce Blvd.
Chesterfield, MI 48041