Pie making is becoming a lost art, but at Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we still do things the old-fashioned way. Many of our recipes were passed down through the generations, and we continue the tradition by using the same techniques learned in childhood.We started baking in 1993 in our Victorian home in Armada, Michigan. After moving our operation to a neighborhood, ten-acre apple orchard, Achatz Handmade Pie Company was officially born.
We have been featured on television on Food Network, The Rachael Ray Show, The Today Show, and Good Morning America Weekend and in magazines like Bon Appétit and Food & Wine. And, even though we have won numerous national and local awards, our pies remain down-to-earth, all natural, and wholesome.
Our Handmade Pies
Our mission is to create the best pies that stand up to the highest standards of quality, purity, and goodness. We care about what we bring to your table. We never use canned fruit and use every opportunity to source locally grown ingredients. Our cream pies are made from scratch using pure butter, pure vanilla, and fresh local whole milk. We focus on excellence and produce a pie that we believe is simply the best. At Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we know extra-care and extra-effort make an extra-delicious pie!
- Why are you closed on Saturday?
- Since our beginning in 1993, our stores have been closed on Saturday. Our family is Seventh - day Adventist and we enjoy this special day of rest.
- How do you pronounce "Achatz"?
- The actual pronunciation is (ak'its). When in doubt, remember that it rhymes with 'jackets.'
- Are any of your pies vegan?
- All of our double crust fruit pies are made with no dairy or animal products.
- How can I place a special order?
- The easiest way to place a special order is through our online store section. You can also call the store where you wish to pick the pie up.
- Questions about pies-that-fly
- We ship anywhere in the United States. Please see online store for when and how pies are shipped. For order-specific information, please reply to your confirmation email to reach our internet sales department or call our headquarters at (586)-749-2882.
- Can I purchase an Achatz pie shop?
- Yes, we are happy to offer our loyal customers the opportunity to own their own pie shop. Please fill out a customer feedback form!
The other day we went to the Oxford store and was informed about the deal of buying 8 packaged pieces for the price of a pie. Splendid Idea. After leaving the store and enjoying my selection of pie with a fresh pot of coffee, I thought it would be a copywrite moment for you folks to label Fridays as Fantasy Pie Friday. Everybody needs an excuse for this guilty pleasure. Just thinking.
Just wanted to express my gratitude for your help today! I know the holidays must be crazy for you all, but you helped straighten out my order, and still managed to ship before Christmas. Your one on one help on the phone was refreshing, whereas most companies stick you with an automated response or leave you on hold. I will definitely be ordering though you guys again in the future. Thank you for making my day and my Christmas shopping so much simpler!
Thank you so very much for the two pies I purchased yesterday 1/2 price. It really means a lot for us former military people. Those pies were delicious and a big enjoyment. What does Military Monday mean? Two more pies will be ordered for turkey day later on. Thanks Again.
I've been looking all fall for your pies at my Whole Foods - Town and Country, Missouri. Your cherry pie is the best ever and I've disappointed to not have one for Thanksgiving. I also love peach pie.
Thank You !!
Thanks for your wonderful work/product. Just wish we lived closer. . .
In the Press
- Hour Magazine,
Pie's the Limit
- Ann Arbor Observer, The Pies Have It
- Bon Appetit, Thanksgiving Pie Baking Tips
- Bon Appetit,The Top 10 Best Places for Pie
- Good Morning America Weekend, Best Slice Finalist
- Edward Lowe Foundation, Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Food Network, Compilation Reel
- Co Founder, Wendy Achatz, was inducted in the Macomb Hall of Fame on 10/1/12
- Detroit Free Press, Achatz Pies to Greatly Expand Via Franchies
- MLive: Michigan's Best Pie
30301 Commerce Blvd.
Chesterfield, MI 48041