Pie making is becoming a lost art, but at Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we still do things the old-fashioned way. Many of our recipes were passed down through the generations, and we continue the tradition by using the same techniques learned in childhood.We started baking in 1993 in our Victorian home in Armada, Michigan. After moving our operation to a neighborhood, ten-acre apple orchard, Achatz Handmade Pie Company was officially born.
We have been featured on television on Food Network, The Rachael Ray Show, The Today Show, and Good Morning America Weekend and in magazines like Bon Appétit and Food & Wine. And, even though we have won numerous national and local awards, our pies remain down-to-earth, all natural, and wholesome.
Our Handmade Pies
Our mission is to create the best pies that stand up to the highest standards of quality, purity, and goodness. We care about what we bring to your table. We never use canned fruit and use every opportunity to source locally grown ingredients. Our cream pies are made from scratch using pure butter, pure vanilla, and fresh local whole milk. We focus on excellence and produce a pie that we believe is simply the best. At Achatz Handmade Pie Company, we know extra-care and extra-effort make an extra-delicious pie!
- Why are you closed on Saturday?
- Since our beginning in 1993, our stores have been closed on Saturday. Our family is Seventh - day Adventist and we enjoy this special day of rest.
- How do you pronounce "Achatz"?
- The actual pronunciation is (ak'its). When in doubt, remember that it rhymes with 'jackets.'
- Are any of your pies vegan?
- All of our double crust fruit pies are made with no dairy or animal products.
- How can I place a special order?
- The easiest way to place a special order is through our online store section. You can also call the store where you wish to pick the pie up.
- Questions about pies-that-fly
- We ship anywhere in the United States. Please see online store for when and how pies are shipped. For order-specific information, please reply to your confirmation email to reach our internet sales department or call our headquarters at (586)-749-2882.
- Can I purchase an Achatz pie shop?
- Yes, we are happy to offer our loyal customers the opportunity to own their own pie shop. Please fill out a customer feedback form!
Love Your pie's! I recently took your apple & the Michigan four berry pie's to a dinner party & everyone raved about them. I am looking forward to trying your lobster pot pie. I appreciate the coupons
The lemon meringue pie I purchased a couple weeks ago was the best I've ever had! (sorry Grandma). My hunt for the perfect lemon meringue pie has been going on for years, and I find it in my backyard at Achatz! The lemon was just tart enough, and the meringue was not sugary and did not melt.
Your quality is outstanding.
I am an Armada transplant, originally from Yale. My husband and I moved out here and started a new life together (a second marriage for both of us). He was a city boy, and now he shares my love the country. We both love living in Armada, and since moving here, I have made many new friends. My best buddy and I took the cream pie class in Armada and had an absolute great time and took enough photos to make some cool scrapbook pages. I am an avid scrapbooker, and am a doggie foster mom. I currently have a foster golden retriever, as well as an american bandogge mastiff....but he's such a sweetie, we are adopting him. Achatz pies are the best, I recently took an apple pie to Chicago with me, and the family I was visiting with thought the same! Keep up the good work....and we'll keep eating those wonderful treats!
Purchased a blueberry pie last week and this was the best pie I have ever eaten. The crust was light, flakey and perfect. I'm so glad I found this pie company
In the Press
- Hour Magazine,
Pie's the Limit
- Ann Arbor Observer, The Pies Have It
- Bon Appetit, Thanksgiving Pie Baking Tips
- Bon Appetit,The Top 10 Best Places for Pie
- Good Morning America Weekend, Best Slice Finalist
- Edward Lowe Foundation, Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Food Network, Compilation Reel
- Co Founder, Wendy Achatz, was inducted in the Macomb Hall of Fame on 10/1/12
- Detroit Free Press, Achatz Pies to Greatly Expand Via Franchies
- MLive: Michigan's Best Pie
30301 Commerce Blvd.
Chesterfield, MI 48041