Our pies are available at the following retailers:
- Whole Foods Market - Michigan, Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Indiana
- Hiller’s Market - Ann Arbor, Berkley, Commerce Twp, Northville, Plymouth, Union Lake, West Bloomfield
- Hollywood Market - Madison Heights, Troy, Bloomfield, Rochester, Lake Orion
- Kroger - Bloomfield, Rochester, St. Clair Shores, Milford, Oakland Twp, Birmingham, Ann Arbor, Shelby, Macomb Twp
- Nino Salvaggio - Clinton Twp, St. Clair Shores, Troy
- Plum Market - Ann Arbor, Bloomfield, West Bloomfield
- Papa Joe’s Gourmet Market - Birmingham, Rochester
- Vince & Joe’s Market - Clinton Twp, Shelby
- Sunset Foods IL - Highland Park, Lake Forest, Libertyville, Northbrook
- Achatz Catering – Casco
- Long Lake Market - Bloomfield Hills
- Arbor Farms Market - Ann Arbor
- Colasanti’s Produce & Plants - Highland
- Westborn Market - Dearborn, Berkley
- Country Style Market - Port Huron
- Hefling’s Amish Farm Market - Clinton Twp
Restaurants serving Achatz Handmade Pies:
- Achatz Burgers - St Clair Shores
- Kruse & Muer - Rochester, Rochester Hills, Troy, Lake Orion
- Mon Jin Lau - Troy
- Greek Jalapeno – Waterford
- Grand River Coffee Café - East Lansing
Pie making may soon become a lost art but at Achatz Handmade Pie Co. we still do things the old fashioned way. Many of our recipes have been passed through generations, and we continue the tradition by sharing the same handmade techniques instilled in our childhood.
Achatz pies are made with pure and natural ingredients; we never use chemicals, preservatives or hydrogenated oils. And most of our fruit, flour, sugar and dairy is purchased from local farms. These values result in a top quality product even grandma can be proud of.
We started baking in 1993 from our Victorian home in Armada, Michigan. After moving our operation to a nearby ten-acre apple orchard, Achatz Handmade Pie Co. was officially born. To this day we've maintained our high standards to produce a pie that we believe is simply the best.
Our pies have been featured on “Food Network”, the “Rachael Ray Show”, “The Today Show” and “Good Morning America Weekend.” We have also been featured in “Bon Appétit” magazine and “Food & Wine” magazine. Even though we have won numerous national and local awards, our pies are still down-to-earth, all natural and wholesome. We're keeping it real and we invite you to taste the difference.
Our Handmade Pies
Our mission has always been to create the best pies money can buy. Our tender, flaky crust and real fruit fillings merge with as many locally-grown ingredients as available to create a pie that's fresh and natural. It's no wonder “Detroit News” food writer Kate Lawson has stated, "Achatz makes the best pies you'll ever eat."
Achatz Handmade Pie Co. cares about what we bring to your kitchen. We continue to stand up to the highest standards for quality, purity and goodness. Our cream pies are made from scratch using pure butter, pure vanilla and fresh local whole milk. We never use canned fruit and find every opportunity to use locally grown produce. And if you can't have sugar, we also have fruit juice sweetened pies available. We know extra care and extra effort make an extra delicious pie!
Working at Achatz Handmade Pie Co. is a fun and rewarding experience. Our "little" pie shop continues to grow and offer more opportunities for new employees to come aboard and help us take our business to the next level. If you are interested in becoming a part of the Achatz team, please fill out an easy online application.
Whether you are seeking a position as a managing partner, store manager, IT or marketing professional, retail associate, delivery driver, or a role in our food preparation and packaging team, we encourage you to apply. We are always seeking top talent to help our company improve.
- Why are you closed on Saturday?
- Since our beginning in 1993, our stores have been closed on Saturday. Our family is Seventh - day Adventist and we enjoy this special day of rest.
- How do you pronounce "Achatz"?
- The actual pronunciation is (ak'its). When in doubt, remember that it rhymes with 'jackets.'
- Are any of your pies vegan?
- All of our double crust fruit pies are made with no dairy or animal products.
- How can I place a special order?
- The easiest way to place a special order is through our online store section. You can also call the store where you wish to pick the pie up.
- Questions about pies-that-fly
- We ship anywhere in the United States. Please see online store for when and how pies are shipped. For order-specific information, please reply to your confirmation email to reach our internet sales department or call our headquarters at (586)-749-2882.
To the pie makers;
I recently purchased and consumed, with help from my wife, a Michigan 4 Berry pie from the Whole Foods store in Naperville, Illinois. I am 77 years old and I must admit that your pie was better then my mother's home made pies, that I used to think, could not be bettered. I must admit that you have a new Achatz pie addict. Looking forward to some excellent desserts in the future, I remain.
Merry Christmas to you All!!! And thank you for making such Fantastic Pies; everytime my fiance from Bloomfield Hills comes to visit she packs up one of your Rubarb pies and brings it to Minnesota!! We greatly appreciate your quality!!!
My husband and I visited your store for the first time during your Oscar party. We bought the four berry pie, which was instantly devoured the moment we got home. We managed to save some for tonight. I have never tasted a pie that is ever so delicious!!! I have to say, we are hooked!
My Krogers started carrying your pies. they had 2 of the chicken pot pies. I bought one and it was so good, I went and bought the other one they had. I am a Senior citizen and we play cards and the ladies loved them. the problem is we cannot find them,. Our Krogers store in Walled Lake, Mi had the berry pies but haven't had any of the chicken pies in about 2 weeks. Talked to the manager but no luck yet. Also would love to try the cannoli Pie. Our store just has the berry pies
I recently moved to Troy Michigan and I came across the Pie shp while geting my driver's license changed at te DMV. The person behind the counter was very nice and we had a few samples. Having tried 2 -3 samples that day, I ended up buying a few slices of different ones. My son's favorite is the chocolate cream pie and my daughter's was the strawberry cream pie. I LOVE your coconut cream pie!!! They are so good! I am definitely going there again and again!
Hall Of Fame
Co Founder, Wendy Achatz, was inducted in the Macomb Hall of Fame on 10/1/12.
- Ingredients Arriving For Senior Center Pie Fundraiser – “Patch.com”
- Where the locals eat in Chicago – “USA TODAY”
- My life in food: Matt Gillan, Head chef, “The Pass” – “The Independent”
- Katsu, Kuma's Corner, Topolobampo rated among Chicago's top restaurants by ... - Voices
- Made in Michigan Market to Feature Local Products, Music and Charity Hockey ... – “Patch.com”
- Ann Arbor Grand Opening (doc)
- See Art, Get Pie (doc)
- Achatz Handmade Pie Co Welcomes Ann Arbor Store (doc)
- Mini Pies Give Fresh New Look to Wedding Scene (doc)
In the Press
- Hour Magazine, Pie's the Limit
- Detroit News, Creamy Twist on Tradition
- Ann Arbor Observer, The Pies Have It
- The Oprah Blog, A Slice of Heaven ... Straight to Your Door
- Bon Appetit, Thanksgiving Pie Baking Tips
- Food & Wine, America's Best Pie Spots
- Detroit Free Press, 50 Defining Foods of Detroit
- Rachael Ray Show, Rach's Pumpkin Pie Picks
- Midwest Living, Our Favorite Fall Pie Recipes
- Good Morning America Weekend, Best Slice Finalist
- Edward Lowe Foundation, Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Food Network, Compilation Reel
30301 Commerce Blvd.
Chesterfield, MI 48041