Our pies are available at the following retailers:
- Whole Foods Market - Michigan, Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Indiana
- Hiller’s Market - Ann Arbor, Berkley, Commerce Twp, Northville, Plymouth, Union Lake, West Bloomfield
- Hollywood Market - Madison Heights, Troy, Bloomfield, Rochester, Lake Orion
- Kroger - Bloomfield, Rochester, St. Clair Shores, Milford, Oakland Twp, Birmingham, Ann Arbor, Shelby, Macomb Twp
- Nino Salvaggio - Clinton Twp, St. Clair Shores, Troy
- Plum Market - Ann Arbor, Bloomfield, West Bloomfield
- Papa Joe’s Gourmet Market - Birmingham, Rochester
- Vince & Joe’s Market - Clinton Twp, Shelby
- Sunset Foods IL - Highland Park, Lake Forest, Libertyville, Northbrook
- Achatz Catering – Casco
- Long Lake Market - Bloomfield Hills
- Arbor Farms Market - Ann Arbor
- Colasanti’s Produce & Plants - Highland
- Westborn Market - Dearborn, Berkley
- Country Style Market - Port Huron
- Hefling’s Amish Farm Market - Clinton Twp
Restaurants serving Achatz Handmade Pies:
- Achatz Burgers - St Clair Shores
- Kruse & Muer - Rochester, Rochester Hills, Troy, Lake Orion
- Mon Jin Lau - Troy
- Greek Jalapeno – Waterford
- Grand River Coffee Café - East Lansing
Pie making may soon become a lost art but at Achatz Handmade Pie Co. we still do things the old fashioned way. Many of our recipes have been passed through generations, and we continue the tradition by sharing the same handmade techniques instilled in our childhood.
Achatz pies are made with pure and natural ingredients; we never use chemicals, preservatives or hydrogenated oils. And most of our fruit, flour, sugar and dairy is purchased from local farms. These values result in a top quality product even grandma can be proud of.
We started baking in 1993 from our Victorian home in Armada, Michigan. After moving our operation to a nearby ten-acre apple orchard, Achatz Handmade Pie Co. was officially born. To this day we've maintained our high standards to produce a pie that we believe is simply the best.
Our pies have been featured on “Food Network”, the “Rachael Ray Show”, “The Today Show” and “Good Morning America Weekend.” We have also been featured in “Bon Appétit” magazine and “Food & Wine” magazine. Even though we have won numerous national and local awards, our pies are still down-to-earth, all natural and wholesome. We're keeping it real and we invite you to taste the difference.
Our Handmade Pies
Our mission has always been to create the best pies money can buy. Our tender, flaky crust and real fruit fillings merge with as many locally-grown ingredients as available to create a pie that's fresh and natural. It's no wonder “Detroit News” food writer Kate Lawson has stated, "Achatz makes the best pies you'll ever eat."
Achatz Handmade Pie Co. cares about what we bring to your kitchen. We continue to stand up to the highest standards for quality, purity and goodness. Our cream pies are made from scratch using pure butter, pure vanilla and fresh local whole milk. We never use canned fruit and find every opportunity to use locally grown produce. And if you can't have sugar, we also have fruit juice sweetened pies available. We know extra care and extra effort make an extra delicious pie!
Working at Achatz Handmade Pie Co. is a fun and rewarding experience. Our "little" pie shop continues to grow and offer more opportunities for new employees to come aboard and help us take our business to the next level. If you are interested in becoming a part of the Achatz team, please fill out an easy online application.
Whether you are seeking a position as a managing partner, store manager, IT or marketing professional, retail associate, delivery driver, or a role in our food preparation and packaging team, we encourage you to apply. We are always seeking top talent to help our company improve.
- Why are you closed on Saturday?
- Since our beginning in 1993, our stores have been closed on Saturday. Our family is Seventh - day Adventist and we enjoy this special day of rest.
- How do you pronounce "Achatz"?
- The actual pronunciation is (ak'its). When in doubt, remember that it rhymes with 'jackets.'
- Are any of your pies vegan?
- All of our double crust fruit pies are made with no dairy or animal products.
- How can I place a special order?
- The easiest way to place a special order is through our online store section. You can also call the store where you wish to pick the pie up.
- Questions about pies-that-fly
- We ship anywhere in the United States. Please see online store for when and how pies are shipped. For order-specific information, please reply to your confirmation email to reach our internet sales department or call our headquarters at (586)-749-2882.
My husband and I visited your store for the first time during your Oscar party. We bought the four berry pie, which was instantly devoured the moment we got home. We managed to save some for tonight. I have never tasted a pie that is ever so delicious!!! I have to say, we are hooked!
We love your pies! The four berry pie is our favorite. So, you can imagine our surprise and disappointment when after purchasing what we thought was a four berry pie from your Ann Arbor store for a dinner party, we discovered when serving, it was an apple pie. The box was labeled four berry and was selected by your employee but alas, it was your almost equally delicious apple pie, not a four berry. This is not intended to complain but to let you know that four berry fanatics accept no substitutes.
My family and I have passed Achatz Pie on North Avenue off and on for years, and now that we live just 10 minutes away, we pass it regularly. Of course, we've always heard rave reviews about the place, but we have never stopped in. Each Sunday either going to or coming from Church my hubby and I said to each other, "We should stop in there some day and get a pie." One Sunday on the way home I said, "I wonder if in five years we'll still be saying, 'We should stop in and get a pie'?" My husband turned on a dime, we went back and FINALLY got a pie...Butterscotch...YUM! What wonderful pie, and what a wonderful place! I loved just looking around, reading the things on the walls, just the whole experience. Good job!
My family recently tried the German Chocolate pie and i just wanted to share how much we enjoyed it. It was even better than we had imagined after having seen it. It was the perfect celebration dessert and i wanted to thank you for great, fresh products. I have never been disappointed by the Achatz Pie company or their employees, you all go above and beyond.
wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!!!! best pies ever!!!!
Hall Of Fame
Co Founder, Wendy Achatz, was inducted in the Macomb Hall of Fame on 10/1/12.
- Ingredients Arriving For Senior Center Pie Fundraiser – “Patch.com”
- Where the locals eat in Chicago – “USA TODAY”
- My life in food: Matt Gillan, Head chef, “The Pass” – “The Independent”
- Katsu, Kuma's Corner, Topolobampo rated among Chicago's top restaurants by ... - Voices
- Made in Michigan Market to Feature Local Products, Music and Charity Hockey ... – “Patch.com”
- Ann Arbor Grand Opening (doc)
- See Art, Get Pie (doc)
- Achatz Handmade Pie Co Welcomes Ann Arbor Store (doc)
- Mini Pies Give Fresh New Look to Wedding Scene (doc)
In the Press
- Hour Magazine, Pie's the Limit
- Detroit News, Creamy Twist on Tradition
- Ann Arbor Observer, The Pies Have It
- The Oprah Blog, A Slice of Heaven ... Straight to Your Door
- Bon Appetit, Thanksgiving Pie Baking Tips
- Food & Wine, America's Best Pie Spots
- Detroit Free Press, 50 Defining Foods of Detroit
- Rachael Ray Show, Rach's Pumpkin Pie Picks
- Midwest Living, Our Favorite Fall Pie Recipes
- Good Morning America Weekend, Best Slice Finalist
- Edward Lowe Foundation, Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Food Network, Compilation Reel
30301 Commerce Blvd.
Chesterfield, MI 48041