Our pies are available at the following retailers:
- Whole Foods Market - Michigan, Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Indiana
- Hiller’s Market - Ann Arbor, Berkley, Commerce Twp, Northville, Plymouth, Union Lake, West Bloomfield
- Hollywood Market - Madison Heights, Troy, Bloomfield, Rochester, Lake Orion
- Kroger - Bloomfield, Rochester, St. Clair Shores, Milford, Oakland Twp, Birmingham, Ann Arbor, Shelby, Macomb Twp
- Nino Salvaggio - Clinton Twp, St. Clair Shores, Troy
- Plum Market - Ann Arbor, Bloomfield, West Bloomfield
- Papa Joe’s Gourmet Market - Birmingham, Rochester
- Vince & Joe’s Market - Clinton Twp, Shelby
- Sunset Foods IL - Highland Park, Lake Forest, Libertyville, Northbrook
- Achatz Catering – Casco
- Long Lake Market - Bloomfield Hills
- Arbor Farms Market - Ann Arbor
- Colasanti’s Produce & Plants - Highland
- Westborn Market - Dearborn, Berkley
- Country Style Market - Port Huron
- Hefling’s Amish Farm Market - Clinton Twp
Restaurants serving Achatz Handmade Pies:
- Achatz Burgers - St Clair Shores
- Kruse & Muer - Rochester, Rochester Hills, Troy, Lake Orion
- Mon Jin Lau - Troy
- Greek Jalapeno – Waterford
- Grand River Coffee Café - East Lansing
Pie making may soon become a lost art but at Achatz Handmade Pie Co. we still do things the old fashioned way. Many of our recipes have been passed through generations, and we continue the tradition by sharing the same handmade techniques instilled in our childhood.
Achatz pies are made with pure and natural ingredients; we never use chemicals, preservatives or hydrogenated oils. And most of our fruit, flour, sugar and dairy is purchased from local farms. These values result in a top quality product even grandma can be proud of.
We started baking in 1993 from our Victorian home in Armada, Michigan. After moving our operation to a nearby ten-acre apple orchard, Achatz Handmade Pie Co. was officially born. To this day we've maintained our high standards to produce a pie that we believe is simply the best.
Our pies have been featured on “Food Network”, the “Rachael Ray Show”, “The Today Show” and “Good Morning America Weekend.” We have also been featured in “Bon Appétit” magazine and “Food & Wine” magazine. Even though we have won numerous national and local awards, our pies are still down-to-earth, all natural and wholesome. We're keeping it real and we invite you to taste the difference.
Our Handmade Pies
Our mission has always been to create the best pies money can buy. Our tender, flaky crust and real fruit fillings merge with as many locally-grown ingredients as available to create a pie that's fresh and natural. It's no wonder “Detroit News” food writer Kate Lawson has stated, "Achatz makes the best pies you'll ever eat."
Achatz Handmade Pie Co. cares about what we bring to your kitchen. We continue to stand up to the highest standards for quality, purity and goodness. Our cream pies are made from scratch using pure butter, pure vanilla and fresh local whole milk. We never use canned fruit and find every opportunity to use locally grown produce. And if you can't have sugar, we also have fruit juice sweetened pies available. We know extra care and extra effort make an extra delicious pie!
Working at Achatz Handmade Pie Co. is a fun and rewarding experience. Our "little" pie shop continues to grow and offer more opportunities for new employees to come aboard and help us take our business to the next level. If you are interested in becoming a part of the Achatz team, please fill out an easy online application.
Whether you are seeking a position as a managing partner, store manager, IT or marketing professional, retail associate, delivery driver, or a role in our food preparation and packaging team, we encourage you to apply. We are always seeking top talent to help our company improve.
- Why are you closed on Saturday?
- Since our beginning in 1993, our stores have been closed on Saturday. Our family is Seventh - day Adventist and we enjoy this special day of rest.
- How do you pronounce "Achatz"?
- The actual pronunciation is (ak'its). When in doubt, remember that it rhymes with 'jackets.'
- Are any of your pies vegan?
- All of our double crust fruit pies are made with no dairy or animal products.
- How can I place a special order?
- The easiest way to place a special order is through our online store section. You can also call the store where you wish to pick the pie up.
- Questions about pies-that-fly
- We ship anywhere in the United States. Please see online store for when and how pies are shipped. For order-specific information, please reply to your confirmation email to reach our internet sales department or call our headquarters at (586)-749-2882.
I love Achatz Pie Company. I frequent the Ann Arbor shop and I am always welcomed with friendly faces and smiles :) The pies are absolutely delicious!!! My favorite is the Caramel Nut Apple Pie. I am a fan for life. Keep up the good work everyone and thank you for the wonderful pies that you create :)
I just wanted to say how wonderful your pies are. My mother used to bake pies and your pies bring back memories of her. They are delicious. Thank you for providing such a quality product. Bravo!
I.ve just been informed that I'm receiving a gift of one of your pies! I'm so excited I can hardly wait for it to be delivered. It will be my first experience with your pies. After I've received it I'll keep you informed with the type of pie I receive and what the outcome is. Thanks for making such beautiful looking pies.
Thanks! It was a great pie. More than that...we are happy to support a company that is faithful. We saw the scripture on the box! Yeah! Good for you!
I am an Armada transplant, originally from Yale. My husband and I moved out here and started a new life together (a second marriage for both of us). He was a city boy, and now he shares my love the country. We both love living in Armada, and since moving here, I have made many new friends. My best buddy and I took the cream pie class in Armada and had an absolute great time and took enough photos to make some cool scrapbook pages. I am an avid scrapbooker, and am a doggie foster mom. I currently have a foster golden retriever, as well as an american bandogge mastiff....but he's such a sweetie, we are adopting him. Achatz pies are the best, I recently took an apple pie to Chicago with me, and the family I was visiting with thought the same! Keep up the good work....and we'll keep eating those wonderful treats!
Hall Of Fame
Co Founder, Wendy Achatz, was inducted in the Macomb Hall of Fame on 10/1/12.
- Ingredients Arriving For Senior Center Pie Fundraiser – “Patch.com”
- Where the locals eat in Chicago – “USA TODAY”
- My life in food: Matt Gillan, Head chef, “The Pass” – “The Independent”
- Katsu, Kuma's Corner, Topolobampo rated among Chicago's top restaurants by ... - Voices
- Made in Michigan Market to Feature Local Products, Music and Charity Hockey ... – “Patch.com”
- Ann Arbor Grand Opening (doc)
- See Art, Get Pie (doc)
- Achatz Handmade Pie Co Welcomes Ann Arbor Store (doc)
- Mini Pies Give Fresh New Look to Wedding Scene (doc)
In the Press
- Hour Magazine, Pie's the Limit
- Detroit News, Creamy Twist on Tradition
- Ann Arbor Observer, The Pies Have It
- The Oprah Blog, A Slice of Heaven ... Straight to Your Door
- Bon Appetit, Thanksgiving Pie Baking Tips
- Food & Wine, America's Best Pie Spots
- Detroit Free Press, 50 Defining Foods of Detroit
- Rachael Ray Show, Rach's Pumpkin Pie Picks
- Midwest Living, Our Favorite Fall Pie Recipes
- Good Morning America Weekend, Best Slice Finalist
- Edward Lowe Foundation, Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
- Food Network, Compilation Reel
30301 Commerce Blvd.
Chesterfield, MI 48041